There is no one right way to look for a job, but we recommend using a variety of methods and focusing your efforts on those that get the best results. Experts agree that the most effective ways to land a job are through networking or approaching employers that you’re interested in directly with a tailored resume and cover letter.
Regardless of your approach here are some things to keep in mind.
- Know what you want.
- Research the job market and specific organizations.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter to employer needs.
- Be proactive. Don't wait for a job posting.
- Approach the job search as a job in and of itself.
- Be persistent and organized.
- Get advice from your Sauder alumni career manager.